With more than 34 years in practice, Dr. Richard Carter D.O. has been practicing the gastric sleeve procedure for more than a decade and has performed over 4,000 surgeries to date. He makes it his mission to transform patients’ lives and help them on a path to a healthier, happier future. He is experienced in a number of forms of bariatric surgery, including the gastric sleeve, LAP-BAND® System, ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon, Obalon Balloon System, as well as the LAP-BAND® System Aftercare Program and general surgery.
Looking for a bariatric surgeon in Dallas-Fort Worth? Contact Carter Bariatrics today at (817) 857-6608 for your free consultation!
- 1972: Graduated from the University of Nevada in Reno
- 1972-1976: Post-graduate from Kirkville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1976-1977: Internship at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii
- 1977-1981: Surgical residency at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- 1981-1983: Chief of General Surgery at the 130th Station Hospital in Heidelberg, West Germany
- 1997-2004: Department of Surgery Chairman at the Medical Center of Arlington
- 1983-current: General surgery practice in Arlington, Texas
- American Board Osteopathic Surgery in 1984
- Recertified in 1996
- A diplomate of the National Board for Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Tarrant County Medical Society
- American Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Texas Association of Bariatric Surgery
If you are struggling with obesity or a weight-related condition, Carter Bariatrics can help. With more than three decades of experience, we offer compassionate care that’s tailored to your unique situation. Our staff is here to assist you with any questions, address your concerns, and walk you through the entire process. If you’re looking for a weight loss surgeon in Dallas-Fort Worth, Dr. Carter is here to help.
Call us today at (817) 857-6608 to set up your complimentary consultation at our office!